This is one of Troy’s favorite dish and I decided to cook it for lunch today before he leaves later for Holy land. As I’m typing this, I’m boiling the beef brisket (uncut) until it’s tender. I still have 45mins left before it’s done.
Here are the ingredients I use:
1/2 kilo Beef brisket (uncut)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 clove garlic crushed/minced
1 bulb small onion diced
pinch or two of Maggi magic sarap
4 cups beef broth (from the stock you used when you boiled the meat)
1. Boil the uncut beef brisket until tender (1 1/2 to 2 hours or 20 mins when you use pressure cooker). Drop beef cubes (bouillon cube) when it starts to boil. When done, reserve the stock.
2. Cut the brisket to cubes of desired size and marinade for 30 minutes.
3. Saute garlic and onion and add marinaded brisket. Stir for 5-10 mins then add 4 cups of beef broth and let it simmer. Put the remaining marinade and let it simmer again for 5-8 mins or until beef is very tender.
4. If you want your sauce to thicken you can add flour mixed in 1/4 cup water and stir occasionally until lumps are dissolved and until flour taste is gone.
5. Add sesame oil and season according to taste, I use maggi magic sarap for this. If I want it to be a bit sweeter I add more sugar.
6. Serve hot and add sesame seed on top.
Note: The usual beef pares recipe has star anise and ginger with it but husband likes it without them.