Last Saturday, we finally found time to avail of S&R’s membership and check out what the rave is all about. We came in around 6PM at their new Shaw Blvd branch and not much families shopping so it was really a good time to apply and shop.
How to be an S&R member:
1. Bring two valid IDs (government ID, IDs with photo) and no, your SM advantage card is not considered a valid ID.
2. Prepare P700 fee for Gold membership and add P400 for a supplementary card if you wish to have one.
3. Proceed to the customer service area just right after you enter the main entrance of the shopping center.
4. Get an application form and fill it up.
5. Queue (if there’s one) and wait to be served.
Processing is quite easy and fast. You’ll be able to get your membership card after processing but activation is after 24hrs. but you will be given a shopping pass so you can shop right after.
What to Buy?
I didn’t quite expect to see local brands on their shelves and I was expecting purely US or other imported goods. Prices are okay when you buy in bulk and if you need them too. Like us who are proud owners of 2 rascal cats, their cat litter from S&R is super sulit.
Of course the usual imported chocolates and dried fruits like blueberries are awesome.
It was wrong that I expected Costco level of shopping but I’m still happy that some Costco products are sold in S&R and would mean, I don’t have to wait 1 month for the balikbayan box.