Absolute Pure Distilled Drinking Water recognized five amazing mothers through the Absolute Mom Awards held at Museum Cafe, Greenbelt4 last May 9. These mothers were chosen because of their inspiring achievements as a mom, a woman and advocacies that they support. They are all successful in their chosen fields, dedicated mothers to their children and families as well as women for others. They’re truly perfect examples of what a Filipina mother aspires to be.
Absolute Pure Distilled Water donates cash to each awardee’s charity of choice.
The program started with a great parenting talk given by Ms. Maribel Dionisio of the Love Institute. It was a very enlightening talk and I think that most parents should hear what she discussed. One particular thing that struck me was that parenting does not mean you being a mother alone. It means you being a mother, a good wife and better self. All three has to mash up well so that you become a better person.
Ms. Dionisio did mention about, how can anyone give love if she has not experienced it herself?
It’s true isn’t it? And ultimately, love does not mean it should come from someone else…it should come from you. Love yourself and you will be able to share that love with others.
The Absolute Inspiring Mom Awardee Are As Follows: (in no particular order):
1. Sportscaster and host Patricia Bermudez-Hizon who opened their home to the children at House of Refuge Orphanage during the Typhoon Ondoy. They gave shelter to the children until they were able to find a new place for them to stay. I personally look up to Patricia because of her kind heart and gentle soul. If you see her even from afar (I say this because we’re not close!), her kind heart is very transparent.
2. Mom of 8 beautiful children and the gorgeous wife of the late Master Rapper Francis M, Pia Magalona. Being a mom of 8 is truly a cause of this award and the fact that she is very passionate in helping with the Francis Magalona Foundation is an added allure to this absolutely inspiring Mom. She also involves her children in this advocacy for the Filipino public school children.
3. Leader and Mentor of the Youth for a United World of Focolare, Risa de los Angeles was chosen because of her dedication in helping and serving our less fortunate brothers and sisters. She’s also passionate in pushing universal brotherhood among the youth and its leaders. She involves her entire family in the youth programs of the Focolare.
4. Fashion trend setter, triathlete and columnist, Tessa Prieto-Valdez, who beyond her fashion forward do supports the Assumption High School Batch 81 Foundation in ensuring the welfare of the less privilege children.
5. A mother who shows strength and courage despite the loss of her son, Cathy Babao transformed her grief into helping other sick children by founding Migi’s Corner which provides play aread to over 10 public hospitals in the country. She also supports Project Brave Kids which is a non-profit organization that helps families of children with cancer.
Ms. Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo also graced the event as she was introduced as the newest celebrity endorser of Absolute Pure Drinking Water. She herself is a Mom of two cutie patootie kiddos and I think Absolute couldn’t have gotten a better endorser for them.
Absolute Pure Distilled Drinking Water is giving away a gift pack each to the first 2 people who will like, comment, G+1, tweet and share this post to their respective Social Media accounts. Hurry and click those buttons and wait for my email notification to know if you’ve won.