>Usually, bell pepper and pimientos are used for Chicken ala king but my husband and myself do not like bell peppers. Also, there are some people who use cream instead of evaporated milk. I use either of the two-whatever’s available.
So here’s my version:
Chicken fillet (breast or thigh)
frozen mixed veggies (carrot, green peas and corn)
all purpose cream
salt and pepper
1. Season chicken fillet with salt and pepper then steam. I used the water on this as my chicken broth.
2. Melt butter over low fire and put 3tsp. flour. Mix well but do not brown the flour. Put mixed veggies and mushroom. Saute for 3-5 mins
3. Pour 3 cups of chicken broth (and some mushroom water if you’re using the canned mushroom) slowly making sure lumps are dissolved. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Put in steamed chicken. Season according to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Put cream (amount depending on your preference) and season. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
Serve with hot rice or bread.
Please understand that I rarely measure my ingredients. I just put them depending on my preference or my husband’s preference 😉