Last night I frantically search on how and where to get NBI clearance in Manila since I will be needing it for my application for a Chinese visa. I am searching if the satellite branches will serve NBI clearance application for change status and surname and the National Bureau of Investigation website didn’t help one bit.
After hours of tweeting and asking friends, I finally decided to gamble my chances at Robinson’s Galleria NBI Satellite branch. Please note that Robinsons Galleria only serves 500 applicants a day. They distribute numbers at the EDSA entrance of the mall at around 6:30AM Monday-Friday. I advise you to come early since the line can be long in fact by 9:30AM all 500 numbers were taken. I also learned that NBI clearance application is now back to zero because they changed their system and all applications are treated as NEW- no more renewal (unless you had your first application with the new system, of course).
Here’s my experience and some tips on getting NBI Clearance in Robinsons Galleria:
1. My assistant went to queue for me at 6AM and the line was already long. She got number 238 by 7:30AM. The first 200 applicants were allowed to enter the mall to start their processing and the rest of the batches were asked to come back by:
2nd batch (201-270)- 10AM
3rd batch (271-399)- 10AM
4th batch (400-500) – 12NN
2. By 10AM the mall opens. All applicants must proceed to the Lower Ground Level of Robinson’s Galleria, fronting Netopia and Luxe Nail Salon. A security guard will allow 2nd batch applicants to sit in a waiting room and the 3rd batch to a different sitting area (stairs). 4th batch is asked to come back by 12NN.
3. 2nd batch applicants will be seated according to their numbers and a corresponding application form will be given to them (by the security guard once everyone is seated and arranged). Fill out the application form and note the following:
– read the form carefully especially for married women. Fill out SURNAME as your maiden name and write your married name on the blank after HUSBAND’S SURNAME.
– your mother’s name is asked, write your mother’s maiden name
– prepare your valid ID (any of the following):
* PRC ID, Driver’s license, NSO, company ID, Passport, postal ID, SSS, TIN
*it’s possible that they will ask for a second ID when you present cedula, school ID, other company ID
*the old NBI clearance is not deemed valid and will not be accepted
– bring your own pen, no pens provided on the waiting room
– bring a book to keep you occupied (companions are not allowed inside the waiting room)
– bring water and light snack (especially if you’re 2nd batch)
4. The guard will call you by batches to queue in the processing area. There are 4 steps and it’ll be a breeze:
Step 1. Payment – prepare your application form, ID and P115 (for travel abroad, local employment), P165 (for change of name,status,address,etc) and P465 (for Validation of ACR, etc)
Step 2. Encoding- present your application form and the receipt. Make sure you look at the monitor as your information is filled out.
Step 3. Biometrics- finger printing and photo
Step 4. Releasing- if you’re lucky you will just wait few minutes and you’ll have your clearance but if not, they will ask you to come back another day. Mine was released in 10 mins or so.
Basically the process is a breeze, it must have been the long queuing and waiting for the mall to open that took so much of the time.
NBI Offices where you can apply for NBI Clearance in the Philippines:
NBI MAIN OFFICE, TAFT AVENUE MANILA
– I was told that they do not provide shed for people queuing so you will be under direct sunlight while waiting for your turn. I hope they improved on it soon.
ROBINSONS PLACE ERMITA
(BASEMENT 1) M. ADRIATICO COR. PEDRO GIL ST. ERMITA, MANILA
(LEVEL 2) DR. PAZ MENDOZA GUANZON ST., PACO, MANILA
(EAST LANE, BASEMENT 1) EDSA COR. ORTIGAS AVENUE, QUEZON CITY
ROBINSONS METRO EAST PASIG
(LEVEL 4) MARCOS HIGHWAY, BRGY. DELA PAZ, PASIG CITY
(LEVEL 2) ORTIGAS AVENUE EXTENSION, JUNCTION CAINTA, RIZAL
Ever Gotesco Grand Central
(3rd floor, Cinema 5) Rizal Avenue Extension (Monumento), Caloocan City
Ever Gotesco Manila Plaza
(3rd floor, Cinema 3) C.M. Recto Avenue, Manila
Ever Gotesco Commonwealth
(2nd floor, Cinema 1) Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City
QUEZON CITY HALL
MANDALUYONG CITY HALL
MUNTINLUPA CITY HALL
CENTRAL LUZON REGIONAL OFFICE
Capitol Compound, San Fernando City, Pampanga
CALABARZON REGIONAL OFFICE
Capitol Site, Batangas City
LAGUNA DISTRICT OFFICE
City of Sta. Rosa, Laguna
CENTRAL VISAYAS REGIONAL OFFICE
Capitol Site, Cebu Citry
EASTERN VISAYAS REGIONAL OFFICE
Sto. Nino Extension, Tacloban City
WESTERN VISAYAS REGIONAL OFFICE
Fort San Pedro, IloIlo City
SOUTHEASTERN MINDANAO REGIONAL
J.P. Laurel Avenue, Bajada, Davao City
NORTHEASTERN MINDANAO REGIONAL
Provincial Capitol Compound, Cagayan de Oro City
DAGUPAN DISTRICT OFFICE
A.B. Fernandez West, Dagupan City, Pangasinan
CORDILLERA ADMINISTRATIVE REGIONAL
125 Upper Session Road Baguio City
CAGAYAN VALLEY REGIONAL OFFICE
Carig Regional Center, Tuguegarao City
CARAGA REGIONAL OFFICE
2nd Flr, FCB Building, J. Rosales Ave., Butuan City
LEGAZPI DISTRICT OFFICE
Quezon Avenue, Legazpi City
SARANGANI DISTRICT OFFICE
San Pedro St., Lagao, General Santos City
TUBURAN MUNICIPAL OFFICE
I hope this has helped you on how to get your NBI Clearance in whatever part of the Philippines you may be.
Update: You can also try and visit nbi.gov.ph website and do their online application process which saves you time queuing but it will still require you to go to their office for photo, prints and release.
For updated list of NBI Satellite Office and their exact location please open.